Highly creative and accomplished web design professional with extensive experience in higher education, e-commerce, news/media and non-for-profit sectors. Proven capabilities in web design, visual design, online advertising, HTML, CSS, brand management, as well as strategic planning. Collaborates with multiple parties throughout the design process to ensure the best designed and developed solution that satisfies the client's needs.
Web Design and Development: Created wireframes based on functional requirement briefs and information architecture maps. Conceptualized new web site designs and mockups. Developed web sites using Adobe Dreamweaver along with hand coded HTML and CSS. Tested websites across platforms and browsers. Maintained internal and corporate websites.
Online Advertisement: Designed banner and display ads for online merchandise.
Training and Art Direction: Trained coworkers in basic HTML coding. Directed coworkers on banner ads and batch image processing. Developed visual style guides for web production contractors.
UI/UX: Collaborated with UI/UX experts in e-commerce and shopping cart functions. Observed User Interface testing and interviews. Designed Photoshop mockups based on high fidelity wireframe prototypes.
- Platforms: Mac, PC
- Software: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, WordPress, Blackbaud NetCommunity, Microsoft Office
- Web Development: HTML, CSS, WAI-ARIA Landmarks
- Training: Section 508/ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act) website standards
Chicago, IL, 2002-Present
Freelance Web Designer
Designed, developed and maintained websites for local clients including;
- Illinois College of Optometry
- Kaplan College and Career Institute
- MZ Partners
- Peter Lindsay Schaudt Landscape Architecture
- Ador, d.o.o.
- Centar za mirovne studije
Follett Higher Education Group
Oak Brook, IL, 2006 - 2013
- Coordinated information architecture, design, front-end development and ongoing maintenance for efollett.com and efollet affiliated websites.
- Maintained branding, design and coding standards among efollet online properties.
- Led design and graphic production of online advertisements and seasonal promotions.
- Oversaw production of wireframes and mock-ups for business and functional requirement documents.
- Completed PowerPoint slide development and presentation for new UI changes.
- Coordinated development of HTML/CSS/Section 508 best practices for efollett.com.
- Led HTML and CSS training for efollett web specialists.
- Provided art direction on web site branding and iconography with outside clients and vendors.
- Managed and provided direction to online product coordinators for image production projects.
- Collaborated with teams/departments, including web specialists, online product coordinators, training, integrated marketing, digital products, computer products, project management, IT Development Management, as well as IT Development.
Tribune Media Services
Chicago, IL, Feb. 2004 - September 2005
Junior Designer, Web Specialist
- Web design, front end development, and ongoing maintenance for Tribune Media Services websites
- Design and graphic production of online advertisments and seasonal promotions
- T-Shirt and print design for Tribune owned syndicated properties